Kamis, 12 November 2015
Tips When Doing Wedding Toasts
Wedding toasts perform an essential role during the wedding celebration. The wedding toast serves as a link between the formal wedding ceremonies and the less formal atmosphere of the wedding reception.
The wedding toast also allows some members of the family, relatives and closest friends to express their feelings and to wish the couple well.
Having toasts started from the belief that creating some noise, such as ringing a bell, in this case, the clinking of a glass, can cast away evil spirits.
The wedding toast may follow a traditional or a non-traditional order.
In the traditional order, the first toast is the toast to the bride or the toast to the bride and groom. This is done by the best man, a relative or a friend. The groom then responds with a message to his bride, the person who made the toast, the couple's parents and a toast to the bridesmaids.
The best will then respond to thank the groom on behalf of the bridesmaids. At times, if the bride has spoken after the groom, the best man will thank the bridesmaids.
A close friend or relative may then follow with another toast. After this, the father of the bride thanks the guests on behalf of his wife and himself, and announces that they can begin with the celebration.
The non-traditional toast is done to do something different from the tradition. The order may be changed to suit the guests and the occasion.
The emcee proposes the first toast for the couple. The groom then thanks the emcee and the guests and toasts to his bride. The bride thanks her groom and the guests and proposes a toast to her parents and her in-laws. At times, a special toast may be done for her in-laws.
The father of the bride thanks the bride for the toast, thanks the guests for attending and announces that the celebration may begin. At times, the emcee may propose a toast to the bridesmaids, after which the maid of honor may respond with thanks or propose another toast. The emcee may introduce guests who will propose their toasts, and announce the beginning of the celebration.
Here are some tips when proposing a toast.
* The bride should be served the beverage first, followed by the groom, the maid of honor, the parents and then the best man.
* The toast can be done with a sip of wine, champagne or a non-alcoholic drink except coffee, tea and water.
* If you will propose the first toast, make sure that not only your glass, but also all the other glasses are filled before you start speaking.
* When proposing a toast, raise your glass with your right hand. The glass should be held in a straight line from the shoulder.
* It is better to compose your own wedding toast. However, if susunan acara pernikahan you cannot write a good one, you can try traditional wedding toast but make sure to personalize it to include your feelings and thoughts about the bride and groom.
* Always remember to end a toast with an invitation to the guests to join you and something that tells them what to say in response.
These are some things that one should remember when proposing a wedding toast. On the other hand, if you received a toast, you do not raise your glass, stand, nor sip your drink. You just thank the toasters and although you are not required, you may propose another toast.